2.11.2013

Coral is the new Valentine red!

I finally got an account on Polyvore and it’s all I can do not to quit my job and pretend I’m a fashion editor making (awesome) fashion spreads all day long!

While Valentine’s Day is one of those commercial holidays I’d rather not celebrate, hubby this year made a ‘surprise’ (he surprised me a few weeks ago when he asked me to check my schedule) reservation to have dinner at the Snow festival in the Ice Village so I guess it’s put me in the mood.  I made a few inspiration boards for different climates and activities and hopefully not too traditional Valentine’s Day choices.

First, instead of going for the usual crimson color why not usher in Spring with some coral instead of red. This colour is so much fresher and more modern and mixed in with neutrals it doesn’t look theme-y at all. 
Coral is the new Valentine red
Coral is the new Valentine red by ellevee59 featuring chambray tops
Sleeveless blouse, Equipment; jeans, AG; dress, Club Monaco; click here for details.

I love mixing different shades of one colour and oxblood being the it fall colour, spice it up with some coral!

During my research, I noticed that coral appears as two shades, a saturated bright red-orange or an orangey pink. Any excuse to make up another (awesome) board...
Coral is the new Valentine red
Coral is the new Valentine red by ellevee59 featuring essie nail polish
Necklace, Stella and Dot; bag, Rebecca Minkoff; glasses, Thierry Lasry; flats, Chloé; shorts, Club Monaco, click here for details.

Which do you think is true coral?

Tune in for more all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment