12.09.2012

Work Wardrobe: The Staple Blouse

If you've watched The Newsroom this summer, you were treated to some great drama and fashion!  I have to say that every episode I would admire MacKenzie's blouses which she wore with plain pencil skirts and pumps.  Conservative can still be playful and fashionable.  I became a bit obsessed with this colour block number.


I even found a great imitation here.  I believe Emily Mortimer might be wearing an Ann Taylor from a few seasons ago.  I didn't love the beige on me so I ended up with a more colourful version from Banana Republic Outlet (two locations now open around Montréal: Vaudreuil and Centre Notre-Dame).  This one could work for someone looking for a neutral.

 Club Monaco via Shop Bop, 150 CAD

Playing with print is always nice too.


Club Monaco via Shop Bop, 150 CAD

via Zara, 50 CAD

The trend for fall is embellished collars and there's nowhere like Zara to jump on some trendy bandwagon or another.

via Zara, 100 CAD

For something more whimsically on budget I love peter pan collars, and it is pretty classic but at this price who cares!

via F21, 22 CAD

For something a bit more lasting the following silk pieces which will be worn for years to come.

via BR

via BR

No comments:

Post a Comment