3.06.2012

Armistice

I'm not much into music so I'm not sure I'll be writing music posts often, but I'm really enjoying listening to Armistice right now. Armistice is comprised of Montréal's Coeur de Pirate (aka Béatric Martin) and Jay Malinowski from Bedouin Soundclash.They first got together musically on Bedouin Soundclash's Brutal Hearts, featuring Coeur de Pirate.


They then got together both romantically and musically to form Armistice. Unfortunately, their collaboration was short-lived and they only made a 5 track EP. I keep listening to the five tracks over and over again, my favourite and Elle's being God will Get His Man but I really love them all.


Their break up was part of the inspiration for Coeur de Pirate's latest album Blonde, which has a fun 60's vibe to it. She is clearly over the break up, as she excitedly announced last week on Twitter that she was expecting with her lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment